Friday, December 16, 2011

I may be biased...

But I think it's safe to say that I have the best husband in existence.


This morning I woke up horrified after having a dream that he suddenly died.  I called him crying, trying to tell him about my dream between sobs.  After speaking to him, I calmed down enough to crawl back into bed to cuddle with the puppies and lay restlessly.  Sure enough, after he finished the job he was at, he took the 30 minute trip from where he was in Maryland and came home with breakfast in hand.

It made me think about how just earlier this week I was whining about how the best part of our relationship can also be the worst part.  The best part of our relationship is that being together is so effortless.  We love each other so much and get along so well that every day is just like hanging out with the best friend you've ever had.  My complaint was that we often get too comfortable and other important aspects of our marriage fall to the wayside, but one thing I've always promised myself I wouldn't do is take what we do have for granted.  It's always easy to point out the things that aren't the way we'd like them to be and dwell on them, but we rarely sit and think of the things that are oh, so right.  My husband is, by far, the best thing that has ever happened to me and without him I wouldn't have any of the things that I love so much about this life we've built.

I don't know why I felt the need to share this with all of you, but I mean, look at the man.  Sometimes his praise just needs to be sung!

No comments: