Thursday, March 3, 2011

A day with my munchkin.


I was only 15 when Xzairre was born. His mother was only 17 and still lived at home. I was a big part of his life and he was a bigger part of mine. I never felt so much love for anyone before in my life. I spoiled the crap out of him. I took him to the Zoo, the Aquarium, Disney on Ice, Chuck E. Cheese a million times, Toys 'R' Us a million times, the movies, the drive in movies, etc. He has his own designated, decorated room within my house for Pete's sake! Within the last few years, it has died down a lot. For one, my sister met an amazing man and now they take him to do fun things. For two, more responsibility in life makes fun slightly less attainable. I missed him to death.

Usually the only time he comes over or spends the night anymore is if my sister needs us to watch him. Sunday was another one of those days. Unfortunately, Bryan was working a side job, so it was just me and the kid. Well, I decided that this day was not going to be spent sitting in the house watching TV or playing video games. First we went to the route 40 park and he played there for an hour or two. Then we went to the movie theaters to see Gnomeo and Juliet(which was really cute! Much more than I expected it to be). Of course I let him get popcorn, candy, soda and whatever else he wanted. On the way home he said, "oooh ice cream"... so we stopped at Brusters and got him some ice cream. Then we went into the backyard with the dogs and played catch/kick with the football until his mom arrived.

It was so much fun for the both of us. The best part came when we were in the movie theater and he laid his head on my shoulder(which I took as a 9 year olds way of saying I love you without being embarrassed because one of his friends from school was there). LOVE THAT KID!

No comments: