Wednesday, June 30, 2010

“Without you in my life there would be no meaning. Baby, I’m yours forever.”
Bryan sent that Jason Mraz lyric to me through text message earlier. How perfect it was in lieu of the milestone that was hit today(that he had no idea about, I’m sure).

Today marks 100 days until our wedding. 100 gloriously gruesome days. I’m broken up into these separate pieces about it: excited for it to get here, ready for it to be over, and nervous as hell. Of course, I’m not worried about the marriage – only the wedding. I’m worried that something won’t come together. Something will be broken. A vendor/artist won’t show up. Something goes horribly wrong. I’ll forget about a huge piece of the wedding. Worries. Worries. Worries.

These are completely normal, I’m sure. Hopefully, once the day comes, I will be able to make myself let go of my need for perfection in details and enjoy the day for what it is – the day I marry my best friend for the past 8 years and the love of my life for the past 6. Nothing can mess that up!… right?

As far as being excited for it to get here and ready for it to be over, those emotions are just as strong. I can’t wait to stand up in front of our friends and family looking our best and then party the night away in true Bryan-and-Katy style. When I think about all of the little details we’ve pulled into the mix to incorporate our personalities, I get so excited that I can’t think straight, sit still, or sleep(depending on what I’m doing at the time). I think the ready for it to be over is self-explanatory. I don’t think you realize how much your life completely stops for a big occasion like this until you’re almost there. We’re both more than ready for our lives to go back to normal. Also... the honeymoon promises to be amazing :).

Let the final countdown begin!

No comments: