Friday, January 1, 2010

This time last year I decided to keep a yearly planner. Since this year is coming to an end, I recently bought a new planner and spent some time copying over birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

I must admit that I'm very sad to see this year come to an end. I can recollect a dinner I had with a few girls from work earlier this year in which they were talking about the best year/years of their lives and this has honestly been the best year of my life so far. How are we ever going to top getting our first house, getting engaged, getting another puppy, and all of the other wonderful things that we've done this year?

On the other hand, when I got to October in my 2010 weekly planner, I had the pleasure of writing in things such as "rehearsal dinner", "OUR WEDDING!!!", and "HONEYMOON!". It felt very surreal. Even through all of the planning stages that we've already completed, it still doesn't feel real until something small like that brings it into reality. I feel as though we're currently going through those days of our lives that we will always wish we could have back, and they're going so fast that it's hard to be sure and cherish every moment.

Here's to the end of a fabulous year and the beginning of one that shall be just as momentous.


1 comment:

Alicia Kennedy said...

Time does fly... while I wouldn't trade our current lives for anything, we do find ourselves looking back to the days that you and Bryan are experiencing, and missing those days.

Enjoy the next year!