Sunday, November 15, 2009

It may not sound like much to some, but one of the things that I look forward to most out of my whole year is our Autumnal trip to Milburn Orchards. I guess this started 3 years ago when Bryan and I first got into our apartment or right before. We went to Milburn's at the end of September with Ryan, Alicia, and Meghan to pick raspberries, apples, and pumpkins. We had a blast and Bryan and I make it a point to go back every year. I was lucky enough to go twice this year. The first time I went, it was just Bryan and I. We went on Friday not knowing that apple picking only occurred on Saturday and Sunday, so sadly we were unable to capture the full experience. We had to settle with picking out our pumpkins, cider donuts, and getting into the children's 'pumpkin patch' for free! Their painted photo-ops are so much better in there.



The second time we went was very spontaneous. My mother and I both love to bake, and since she's been living with us for the past few months, we both deemed it an appropriate time for her to teach me how to make her coveted apple pie and dumplings. We were both content with store bought apples, but when my sister came over to pick up my nephew one Sunday morning and mentioned shopping for pumpkins, we decided to make a family trip out of it. So, my sister, her boyfriend, Steve, my nephew, my mother and I all packed into our car for a lovely day of apple picking, pumpkin choosing, cider donuts, and getting stuck in the mud.




Oh, Autumn, how I love thee.

No comments: